Before completing the General Claim Form, please check the following guide, to help your claim proceed smoothly.
Residential / Commercial Property / Pleasure-craft and Other Claims:
- Please advise as soon as any loss or damage occurs.
- If the claim is for damage, please arrange for a written quote before proceeding with any repairs.
- If the claim is for a burglary or loss:
- please notify the police immediately, this is mainly to ensure that you are noted as the owner of the property should something be recovered.
- please ensure the claim form is witnessed by a JP, solicitor or similar.
- please provide any documentation you may have to support "proof of ownership" and confirmation of the amounts claimed for - e.g original receipts/warranties/photos etc, plus written quotes or invoices for the current replacement values.
- An assessor may be appointed in some cases, to help you put together the necessary information and assist in repair/replacement of property. We will advise you of this.
Click here to view a General Claim Form (for all claims other than motor vehicle) then print it, complete it and fax it to us on 09 443 4479 or email it to . Alternatively, contact us and we can post or fax a form to you if you prefer.
We can often have a claim lodged over the phone for you with your Insurer, to cut down on paper work and speed up the process – so please call us in the first instance.
As your brokers, we will ensure all information is appropriate before submitting the claim to your Insurers, and we will follow your claim through to completion, to ensure that it is settled properly and fairly, and excesses are waived/refunded where appropriate.